Monday 18 February 2013

Staying Organized: Completing Large Tasks


I think that everyone can relate when I say that large tasks are hard to complete. I myself always tend to procrastinate when it comes to large tasks. I complete the easy small tasks first and worry about the large ones later. Whether it is an essay for school or organizing my bedroom when it is messy, I instantly see it as difficult and leave it for later thinking “I’ll get it done… eventually.” If we break down those tasks and work on them step by step, they become smaller tasks and are easier to complete.
Here are my tips for completing large tasks:
  • Break it down. Write down the task at the top of a piece of paper. Now, underneath the task, break it down into 3-5 steps. If you need to, break down each of those steps into 3 more steps. Once you are finished, you will have a page full of smaller tasks. When you have completed all of these small tasks, you will have the large task completed.
  • Work on the task a little bit every day. Spread it out among a week or even a month. It will be easier to complete the task over the course of a few days, weeks, or a month than trying to complete it all in one day.
  • Take breaks. Set break times aside to relax. It’s hard to work and work and work without a break. We need to give our body and mind a break to be able to think clearly and work well. A break will leave you feeling refreshed and ready to get back to work on your task.

-Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.