Friday 31 March 2017

Lessons From Books: January-March 2017

Since I started posting in January about books that I read, I have noticed that there are some really good lessons to be learned from them whether they are novels, comic books, scripts, or screenplays. I wanted to have all of these lessons in one place so I thought that I would make separate blog posts to write down these lessons without my other thoughts and all of the other information about the books. If you want to read the full posts that I wrote about each book, I have included the links but here in this post you will find one sentence answers to the lessons that I saw in all of this reading that I've done. I thought about doing this at the end of the year with all of the books that I posted about in that year but decided that it would be better to do this every three months because, otherwise, this post would be way too long since each one sentence lesson is accompanied by a photo of the book. Also, I read a lot. And I wouldn't have it any other way.


Angel Catbird Vol. 1 (Margaret Atwood, Johhnie Christmas, and Tamra Bonvillain):

It is safer for both cats and wild birds if cats are kept indoors.


Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Book, Screenplay, and Film (J.K. Rowling):

Kindness, love, and acceptance are much better ways to deal with challenges.


Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (J.K. Rowling, John Tiffany, and Jack Thorne):

You are your own person and you don't have to live up to anyone else or compare yourself to other people.


Lumberjanes Vol. 1-5 (Boom! Studios):

With friends by your side, you can conquer anything and discover who you truly are.


Ms. Marvel Vol. 5: Super Famous (Marvel Comics):

Find balance in life and prioritize the things that are most important to you.


Ms. Marvel Vol. 6: Civil War II (Marvel Comics):

Think before you act.


Uncle Montague's Tales of Terror (Chris Priestley):

Be a good person and do good things or else there are consequences (KARMA!).


Cheers,
Kaylie

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.